Bellingcat is Hiring – Business Director
Gross Salary – 70,000 to 90,000 Euros per year
Place of work – Remotely, then The Hague
Start date – Immediate, based on availability
Duration – 1 year minimum
Bellingcat is currently seeking a Business Director to manage the day to day operations of Stichting Bellingcat, and play a key role in the long term expansion and growth of the Bellingcat organisation. This includes the planning of the opening of an office in The Hague, where the position will be eventually based, and the hiring of administration and business staff. The successful applicant will work closely with Bellingcat founder Eliot Higgins to develop strategies and organisational structures to create a solid foundation for the future growth of Bellingcat in both the Netherlands and internationally.
The ideal candidate will have a background in management in a Dutch organisation, ideally with an NGO, with experience working with media organisations, and would be seeking a long term role where they can use their experience to shape the growth of Bellingcat as it goes through a rapid professionalisation process.
- Taking over business, financial, and administrative tasks from the director
- Improving, developing, and implementing financial and administrative processes to enable future growth of the organisation
- Designing and implementing business plans and strategies based on multiple funding scenarios
- Planning the opening of Stichting Bellingcat’s office in The Hague, including filling key roles and finding an appropriate location for the office
- Assisting reporting to funders
- Ensuring Stichting Bellingcat meets the requirements of a stichting
- Working with accountants and other external organisations to improve processes between Stichting Bellingcat and those organisations, and adjusting the relationships where required
- Ensuring effective processes are in place for the processing and payment of invoices
- Hiring staff based on the requirements of the business, to ensure all roles are performed efficiently and correctly